Do you ever look around and think “Ok, it’s time to organize”. If you answered yes when you read that question great, because so do we. Having children means you have a lot of things and by a lot we mean a TON. When we look around our house we often wish we could bob our heads like a genie and everything would magically organize itself, wouldn’t that be awesome! But, unfortunately that isn’t going to happen so we have compiled our 10 favorite organization hacks to make your life a little easier! Let’s get started.
1. Create toy bins labeled with the items they will be storing/or a sticker that will match the toys that should go into each bin
2. For stuffed animals our favorite ways to organize a bunch of them at a time are:
- A decorative wire hamper to easily throw the stuffed animals into
- A bean bag cover, use the cover to store the stuffed animals and it doubles as a seat!
3. Use recycled tin cans to organize art supplies
*Mom tip: have the kids decorate the cans with construction paper, magazines, etc. then label each can with “markers, pencils, scissors”
4. Create a snack zone in your refrigerator for the kiddos
*This makes life easier when they are in need of a little snack to help themselves to
5. Use a over the door storage hanger for extra storage
* We love this tip especially for newborns just open the closet door to quickly grab extra diapers, burp clothes, and onesies
6. Use soap box holders to organize all of your card games, small puzzles and more
7. Create 7 clothing hangers tags labeled for each day of the week.
*Pick out clothing the Sunday before then hang and viola your little ones are ready for the week.
You can download our custom tags here!
8. DIY tackle box for your girls hair accessories
* Let your daughter paint and decorate the tackle box and then organize it with bows, ties, clips and more!
9. Create a bath caddy for each child with a toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, and store under the sink until they need to use it.
10. Create a backpack center using command hooks, or decorative hooks with your child’s initial or a picture of your children above the hook.
*Use this area to hang backpacks and jackets as well as a place to store their shoes by adding a bin beneath the hook